550 North Street | White Plains, NY 10605 | PH: 914-422-2182
Posted by Elizabeth Napp on 6/22/2011 2:00:00 PM
Quiz Time #45
Word Bank: Deng Xiaoping, Ottoman, Trade, Nelson Mandela, Guild, Temperature, Atatürk, Humanism, Columbian, Mecca, Bosnia, Nationalism
1. Knowing the latitude of a location would be most helpful in determining this.
2. One effect of this exchange on European society was that the population increased with the introduction of new foods.
3. A direct result of the Four Modernizations introduced in China by this individual was that economic opportunities were expanded.
4. The desire of the Kurds and of the Palestinians for independent states is based on this principle.
5. This leader is most closely associated with Desmond Tutu and F.W. De Klerk.
6. Since the end of the Cold War, religious and ethnic tensions have been the primary cause of conflicts in Chechnya, Azerbaijan, and this land.
7. Members of the European Union (EU) and countries of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) both attempted to reduce these regional barriers.
8. A reform included in his efforts to modernize Turkey was granting women the right to vote.
9. One ideal of this Renaissance belief was investigating areas of interest and fulfilling one’s potential.
10. Both Ibn Battuta and Mansa Musa demonstrated their religious values by making a pilgrimage to this city.
11. This empire captured the city of Constantinople in 1453, benefited from rich trade along the Mediterranean Sea, and was ruled by Suleiman the Lawgiver.
12. During the European Middle Ages, it was created to standardize goods and prices.