550 North Street | White Plains, NY 10605 | PH: 914-422-2182
Posted by Elizabeth Napp on 5/5/2010 10:00:00 AM
Quiz Time #39
Word Bank: South Africa, Roman, Capitalism, Feudalism, Ming Dynasty in China, Byzantine, Foreigners, Peasants, Ethnocentrism, Ethnic, Napoleon, Trade
1. It is best defined as the belief that one’s culture is superior to all others.
2. This ancient civilization is associated with the Twelve Tables, an extensive road system, and the poets Horace and Virgil.
3. It is best defined as a system in which land is exchanged for military service and loyalty.
4. This empire preserved Greco-Roman ideas, spread Orthodox Christianity into Russia, incorporated European and Arabic ideas in architecture, and developed the Justinian Code.
5. An increase in it was one of the primary reasons for the spread of the bubonic plague.
6. The following events occurred during its rule: Foreign rulers were overthrown, Admiral Zheng He established trade links, and civil service exams were reinstated.
7. One major effect of his rule of France was that it led to a restoration of political stability.
8. A major goal of both the Sepoy Mutiny in India and the Boxer Rebellion in China was to rid their countries of these individuals.
9. This country is most closely associated with the terms pass laws, homelands, and white minority rule.
10. One way in which Vladimir Lenin’s New Economic Policy and Mikhail Gorbachev’s policy of perestroika are similar is that both allowed elements of it within a communist economic system.
11. The Communist Revolution in China differed from the 19th-century Marxist ideals because this revolution was primarily supported by this social class.
12. An accurate statement about the Balkan Peninsula since 1995 is that these tensions and conflict continue to be a problem in much of the region.