550 North Street | White Plains, NY 10605 | PH: 914-422-2182
Posted by Elizabeth Napp on 4/23/2010 1:05:00 PM
Quiz Time #36
Word Bank: Feudalism, Muslims, Cold War, Neolithic, Communism, Fascist, Islamic, Bantu-Speaking, Pax Mongolia, Central America, China, Enlightenment
1. This revolution is considered a turning point in world history because it included the domestication of plants and animals.
2. The primary reason these people of West Africa migrated southward and eastward between 500 B.C. and A.D. 1500 was to find land for farming and grazing.
3. In Western Europe, it developed after the Roman Empire collapsed.
4. A result of it was that trade increased between Europe and Asia.
5. One way in which Montesquieu, Voltaire, and Rousseau are similar is that they were philosophers during this “Age.”
6. One similarity between Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini is that they both led these states.
7. The end of it in the Soviet Union caused many countries in Eastern Europe to pursue free-market economic policies.
8. This nation had the greatest influence on the recent histories of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
9. During the Indian independence movement, many members of this group in India demanded a separated state of Pakistan to address concerns about their status as a religious minority.
10. The creation of NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) and the Warsaw Pact, the construction of the Berlin Wall, and the Cuban missile crisis are events most closely associated with this event.
11. One way in which Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini and Afghanistan’s Taliban were similar is that they each established this kind of state.
12. A major cause of the civil wars in many nations of this region in the 1970s and 1980s is that economic differences existed between social classes.