About our Schools and Programs
- Pre-K Program
- Church Street Elementary School
- George Washington Elementary School
- Mamaroneck Ave Elementary School
- Post Road Elementary School
- Ridgeway Elementary School
- Eastview Middle School (Grade 6)
- Highlands Middle School (Grades 7 & 8)
- White Plains High School
- Rochambeau Alt HS
- Adult Education at SW BOCES
- Email and Telephone Directories
- More about our School District
About Our Schools
The White Plains Public Schools serve youngsters in Kindergarten through twelfth grade in campuses spread throughout the city of White Plains. The school district has:
Five elementary schools for kindergartners through 5th graders, each offering the same challenging curriculum in safe and nurturing environments.
- We have a 6th grade campus at Eastview and a 7th & 8th grade campus at Highlands, both of which prepare students to meet the challenges of the high school.
- One high school for 9th through 12th graders offering over 300 courses, including Honors and Advanced placement courses in all academic areas and noteworthy electives. The high school has a state-of-the-art media center, tennis courts, a pool, and a new artificial turf stadium with an eight-lane track. Students can become involved in more than 50 clubs, award-winning literary publications, performing arts groups and over 50 athletic teams.
- An alternative program for 7th through 12th graders needing a smaller setting.
We're proud that we have...
- Very favorable class sizes comparable to other high-quality districts in the area.
- Many specialized programs which improve and enrich our students' lives, accommodate diverse learners, and distinguish our district from others.
- An enrichment program serving students in third through fifth grade.
- Five year sequences in French, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin Chinese are offered for students starting in our middle school. Accelerated German is offered at the High School.
- A wide range of performing arts opportunities, including band, orchestra and chorus beginning in fourth grade and theater productions beginning in middle school.
- A wide range of outstanding Athletic programs for boys and girls in all of the major sporting areas, which includes our state of the art turf field complex at the High School.
- Varied opportunities for children with special needs.
- State-of-the-art instructional technology program focused on improving student achievement with computer-networked schools that offer a computer to student ratio of about 1:3. The district was ranked in the top 3% of districts nationwide in computer access and capacity. We offer the Project Lead the Way curriculum in all of our schools and implementing a one to one iPad program starting in 6th grade.
- A nationally recognized Controlled Parents' Choice Program – a model for school choice – governing the placement of youngsters in grades K-5.
- A policy which transports – within the boundaries of White Plains – elementary students (K-5) who live more than one-half mile from the school they attend and middle school students (6-8) who live more than one mile from the school they attend.
- Received a rating as one of the top ten districts in the country for corporate relocation in a survey by Expansion Management magazine.
- Two schools – our Middle School and our High School that have been designated Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence by the New York State Education Department and the U.S. Department of Education.
Over 7,000 regular and special education students in kindergarten through twelfth grade attend nine district schools located throughout White Plains.
- Students in kindergarten through 5th grade attend one of our five elementary schools:
Church Street -- George Washington -- Mamaroneck Ave -- Post Road -- Ridgeway
- The assignment of elementary school-age youngsters is not based on the where the child lives but rather on the rules of the Controlled Parents' Choice Program.
- For more information regarding the district's curriculum, please visit our curriculum website.