WELCOME TO SAL !
SAL stands for Support for Academic Learning.
Here in SAL class, students are able to practice basic skills to further develop their education. Students are given an opportunity to build study strategies, develop organization skills, and work on individual needs.
- Teach strategies to prepare for tests and quizzes.
- Review difficult concepts taught in class.
- Provide a foundation for basic skills.
- Teach strategies for organization.
- Teach strategies to help organize writing.
- Build foundations in reading and comprehension skills.
- Build upon individual goals set on students IEP's.
In addition to all of these goals, I am also teaching students how to be more responsible and independent, and how to advocate for themselves.