Office 365 Help & Information
Microsoft Office 365
What is it?
Email, OneDrive, Teams, Forms, Flipgrid, Planner, Stream, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
All staff and students have an account
Staff/Student Login: full district email address
Password: same as in school
- Office 365 Beginners Video Tutorial:
- Installing Office 365 applications on personal computer
Free installation up to 5 personal computers (PC or Mac)
- Microsoft in Education (Training and Certification Resources)
- Accessibility Options in Office 365
- Immersive Reader in Office 365
- Microsoft Translate with Conversations
- Microsoft Outlook 365 Email
- How to use Outlook 365 email: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqCFcrMfho
- How to create a email distribution group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HKKEMxKGnY
- Setting up Outlook Email app on iPad or iPhone
- Download the Outlook app from self service or the Apple app store
- Open Outlook app
- When prompted, enter your full district email address (include @wpcsd.k12.ny.us) then select Add Account.
- Enter your school network password and choose Next.
- When prompted if you would like to add another account - select Maybe Later.
- Select the options for notifications when prompted.
Microsoft OneDrive (file storage and sharing)
- How to use OneDrive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFYFz-emlw
- Attaching OneDrive files to a Schoology assignment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS0bOXqYp58
- If you are experiecing issues with OneDrive connection to Schoology, use one of the following articles to help you reconnect your OneDrive using the 'Force Logout' option.
Microsoft Forms - create surveys
- How to use MS Forms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouFKWHQMxtQ
- Adding the Drawing tab (tools) to Microsoft Word (on a PC)
- How to draw in MS Word (on a PC): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY8KQrZd0Tw
- Drawing on Office 365 Apps (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Onenote, etc):
Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing
- Best Practices for Instructors for MS Teams
- How to use MS Teams
- Breakout rooms in MS Teams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMfsilBhW7A
- Self Paced Video Course for MS Teams
- MS Teams Quick start guide (PDF)
- How to create a Microsoft Teams video conference in Schoology
- Microsoft FlipGrid: allows teachers to create "grids" to facilitate video discussions.
- Flipgrid overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1cOteRWMLU
- Flipgrid Screen recorder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQw87tdBzSg
- How to use the Flipgrid app on an iPad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erW1dXO7X4E
- Adding a Microsoft Flipgrid into Schoology
- Flipgrid link is also available in Clever
- Microsoft Stream - create, upload, share videos and screen recordings.
- Record Screen in Powerpoint : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCi7z-bJJXw