Frequently Asked Questions
Office of Health Services
Here are some commonly asked questions regarding your child's health and well-being in school. Please do not hesitate in contacting your child's school nurse with any questions or concerns.
- Will I be called if my child becomes ill in school or is injured?
- What if you can’t reach me and my child is ill or injured?
- What happens when an illness or accident appears serious and immediate intervention is required?
- Which hospital does the school district use for emergencies?
- Does the school district’s insurance cover care for medical situations that arise as a result of an in-school incident?
- Will the school let me know about medical/health situations that occur in my child’s classroom or in the entire school?
- Should I tell the school if my child has special health care needs?
- Will the school nurse tell anyone about my child’s health condition?
- What if my child must take medication during the school day?
- Will all medications be given by the school nurse?
- What if my child needs a pain reliever, fever reducer, or other such treatment and I cannot come in to administer the medication?