In 2018, the White Plains City School District partnered with a team of architects from H2M and Triton Construction to develop a Long-Range Facilities Master Plan. The resulting document will describe the district’s vision for its classrooms and buildings, defining our dreams and our needs and guiding our planning and improvements for the future.
A facilities master plan attempts to measure the future needs of the district and considers the current state of each of our district school’s buildings as well as potential maintenance and or student/staff needs.
By taking a proactive approach instead of a reactive one, the district continues to play a role as a steward of the community’s financial resources. A master planning process demonstrates that funds are being spent in a cost-effective way to meet the community’s educational needs and creates a feeling of transparency with the public.
The most successful master plans are drafted with full input from the community. By engaging stakeholders in planning for the future of local education, it serves as a unifying process that brings the community together and builds support for your goals.
As part of its facility's master planning process, the district created a master planning committee and collection of subcommittees that represented the school community’s various stakeholder groups (board members, administrators, staff/faculty, parents/guardians/caregivers, and community members). The district then hosted a series of community meetings and launched a community survey in 2018 and 2019 to gather input about potential facility improvements.
- October 10, 2023: The Board of Education accepts the recommendation of the High School Building Addition Committee for H2M Architects & Enginners to move forward to the development of the schematic design. 2 Story Option
- March 13, 2023: A Regular Board of Education meeting is held to present a Capital Projects Update to the Board of Trustees. Additionally, the Board of Education authorized a proposition to be included in the Notice of Annual District Meeting and Election to expend an additional amount to pay a portion of the cost of HVAC improvements to various District school buildings.
- January 23, 2023: A Special Board of Education meeting is held to present the White Plains High School Addition Project and Project Status updates to the Board of Trustees.
- August 4, 2022: A Special Board of Education meeting is held to present a Capital Project Construction & Design Progress Update.
- May 23, 2022: A Special Board of Education meeting is held to adopt the 2022 Capital Reserve Fund.
- February 28, 2022: A Special Board of Education Meeting is held to authorize the use of Capital Reserve and Bond Referendum. Phase I Recommendations
July-August 2021: Committee meets to refine scope and cost options.
June 2021: Master Planning Advisory Committee meetings resume.
March 2020-June 2021: Facility improvement planning halts during COVID-19.
April 2019: District analyzes survey results.
March 2019: District surveys all staff/faculty and parents/guardians to determine what areas the community would like to see updated/improved. Review survey results.
May 2018-March 2019: Together with H2M and Triton, the committee meets six times to review and finalize the master plan and prioritize work.
- May 2018: District forms its Master Planning Advisory Committee.
September 2018: District partners with architects from H2M and Triton Construction Manager to develop a Long-Range Facilities Master Plan.