To view this page in Spanish, move the cursor towards the top right of the page and hover over the Globe icon, which is to the right of the Schools icon. Click on the Globe icon, you should see the language drop-down menu to select Spanish.
- 2023-24 to 2027-28 LRP/2024-25 Budget Planning Presentation-Community Input, presented on October 23, 2023 - Video Recording)
- Budget Development Calendar (Approved 10/10/23)
Budget development news
Residents are encouraged to attend and participate in the school budget planning process by providing input. For further information about the budget or the forums, please call (914) 422-2071. Questions about the budget process can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Budget Vote
Residents are encouraged to attend and participate in the school budget planning process by providing input. The budget vote will take place on Tuesday, May 21, 2024, from noon to 9 p.m. at the district's regular voting locations.
Board of Education Election
Voters will elect three members to serve a three-year term on the board, beginning July 1, 2024.
Residents who are interested in running for a seat on the board must collect 100 signatures from qualified school district voters. Petitions, which are available now, must be filed by 5 p.m. on May 1, 2024, in the district clerk’s office.
To qualify for board membership, an individual:
- Must be able to read and write;
- Must be a qualified district voter;
- Must be, and have been, a district resident for at least one year prior to the election, but need not be a taxpayer;
- May be the only member of his/her household on the board;
- May not be an employee of the district;
- May not simultaneously hold another public office, which has been determined by law, court ruling or Commissioner’s decision to be incompatible.
For more information, please contact the District Clerk at 914-422-2071.
Each year, qualified voters across New York state head to the polls to vote on their school district’s budget proposal and board candidates.
In order to vote in school elections, a person must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. citizen, and a district resident for at least 30 days prior to the scheduled vote date.
Registration for qualified voters who are new to the city, have changed their address or have not yet registered to vote in general elections will take place on Saturday, May 4th from 12-5 p.m. at Mamaroneck Avenue School.
Voters who choose to vote by absentee ballot need to submit an absentee ballot application. Absentee ballot applications may be requested from the district clerk, due to absence from the city on election day, temporary or permanent illness or physical disability, among other reasons. For further information, please call 914-422-2071.