(1) Development of trade
(2) Evolution of family patterns
(3) Effect of fire on the lives of the people
(4) Role of religion in river valley civilizations
[fall victim] to the cold as offerings to the gods, according to the
archaeologists who found the mummified remains in Argentina in 1999….
— “Frozen Inca Mummy Goes On Display,” National Geographic News, September 11, 2007
This passage best illustrates the role of archaeologists in
(1) Interpreting evidence
(2) Challenging customs
(3) Classifying artifacts
(4) Planning expeditions
(1) Obtain better working conditions in factories
(2) Standardize goods and prices
(3) Regulate the money supply
(4) Increase competition
(1) Promoted religious diversity
(2) Encouraged democratic reforms
(3) Emphasized equal rights for women
(4) Supported the expansion of overseas trade
This statement emphasizes the shift from
(1) Religious traditions to secular values
(2) Divine right rule to people’s participation in government
(3) Rural lifestyles to urban lifestyles
(4) Private property ownership to government ownership
(1) Combine the religious teachings of Islam and
(2) Maintain traditional religious values in society
(3) Encourage the practice of other religions
(4) Adopt secular attitudes instead of religious beliefs
(1) Colonialism — The Prince
(2) Militarism — Sadler Report
(3) Capitalism — Wealth of Nations
(4) Monotheism — The Communist Manifesto
(1) Religious and ethnic tensions
(2) Adoption of capitalism
(3) Poor health care and starvation
(4) Efforts at Russification
(1) Migration to the Americas declined.
(2) Horses were acquired for the first time.
(3) The population increased with the introduction of new foods.
(4) The Christian Church was divided into Roman Catholic and Orthodox.