(1) Encouraging the introduction of new types of crops
(2) Causing production to decline and prices to rise
(3) Sparking the ideas of socialism and reform
(4) Destroying the guild system
(1) The Ming dynasty imported numerous manufactured goods from Europe.
(2) China exported large quantities of opium to European traders.
(3) Chinese silk continued to be in high demand in Europe.
(4) The Ming dynasty paid tribute to European traders.
• Creation of the State of Israel
• Division of Berlin
Which development directly resulted from each of these events?
(1) Large numbers of people migrated.
(2) Nuclear weapons were developed.
(3) Communist governments were established.
(4) Ethnic tensions decreased.
(1) Migration of the Bantu people out of West Africa in 1000 B.C.
(2) Journey of Mansa Musa’s followers to Mecca in 1324
(3) Resettlement of the Zulus within South Africa in 1843
(4) Flight of the Tutsis from Rwanda in 1994
(3) Gold and silver
(4) Sugar and spices
begin their march into Czecho-Slovakia to-day can feel other than unhappy. Certainly
the Czechs will hardly appreciate Mr. Chamberlain’s phrase that it is “peace with honour.”. . .
— “Return from Munich,” Guardian, October 1, 1938
The author of this excerpt is reacting to Prime Minister Chamberlain’s policy of
(2) Ethnic segregation
(1) Religious beliefs
(2) Social stratification
(3) Geographic conditions
(4) Political situations
proprietors of Indian labour, the priests, the miners and the Spaniards
who travel from post to post along the roads and rivers of Peru;
the visitors, the judges, the Indian chiefs and their subjects, including the very poor.
In my work I have always tried to obtain the most truthful accounts,
accepting those which seemed to be substantial and which were confirmed
from various sources. I have only reported those facts which several
people agreed upon as being true. . . .
— Huamán Poma, Letter to a King: A Peruvian Chief’s Account of Life under the Incas
and Under Spanish Rule, E. P. Dutton
This author is describing the process he used in
(1) Formulating a scientific theory from earlier experiments
(2) Developing a historical account from primary sources
(3) Comparing details of differing religions
(4) Explaining the importance of obeying laws
B. Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen is written in France.
C. The thirteen colonies gain independence from Great Britain.
D. Simón Bolívar frees Colombia from Spanish rule.
What is the correct chronological order for these events?
Speaker B: Government has no other end, but the preservation of property.
Speaker C: Man is born free, and everywhere he is in shackles.
Which historical period is best represented in the ideas expressed by these speakers?
(2) Counter Reformation
(3) Age of Exploration
(4) Early Middle Ages