What Works Best
- Practice courtesy. Mutual respect makes being together more pleasant for everybody.
- Raise your hand to ask a question or volunteer and answer. This gives others a chance to test their understanding that "other" will at times be you.
- Help keep our classroom orderly. When you arrive in the classroom help straighten desks. We all deserve a nice place in which to work and study.
- Hats, phones, iPods, and any other electronic devices are not permitted in the class.
- Eating, drinking, and chewing gum interfere with language learning. Do your part. Don't do it!
- Do not write on the furniture. Consider school an extension of home.
- Paper and refuse must be placed in the waste paper basket at the end of class.
- Doing work not related to our class lesson is not permitted.
Beginning of Class Routines
- Arrive on time.
- Take out your notebook, textbook, pen or pencil.
- Put away all material not needed for the lesson.
- Start working on the "Da fare ora" (do now) which may be used as a quiz.
- Write homework on the board when asked.
- Organization is a key to success! Your notebook is your most valuable tool. Keep it neat and it will work for you.
- Always take your assigned seat. Discuss necessary changes with your teacher at a mutual convenient time.
- Three ring binder 8.5 X 11 or notebook 8.5 X 11 with folder.
- Italian-English dictionary.
- Index cards.