Special Needs Committee
Our Next Meeting:
March 7, 2012, 7 pm at WPHS Media Center.
“How Special Needs Students Are Impacted by New York State Testing Requirements”
Come Share Your Thoughts and Learn More About This Important & Relevant Topic
~~ Who We Are ~~
The White Plains PTA Council Special Needs Committee provides an exciting venue for faculty, administration and parents to work together, share information and resources, and create an on-going dialogue about issues relating to students with learning differences and disabilities. The committee is not a separate special education entity (SEPTA), but rather a committee of the district-wide PTA Council. This is in keeping with our goal of addressing the needs of a broad range of students (not just those with an IEP) and our view of special education as part of the mainstream school community.
~~ Our Mission ~~
To provide a forum for parents of children with special educational needs, teachers, service providers and administrators to communicate, become informed and support each other for the benefit of the school community.
~~ Our Goals ~~
· To connect with other parents of children with learning differences.
· To collaborate with parents, educators and administrators to share information on teaching children with learning differences.
· To increase acceptance and inclusion of students with special needs and learning differences in the school community.
Post Road School’s Special Needs Parent Rep:
· Caroline Furry, email@example.com, 949-3948
· For Spanish Translation Assistance: Carmen Cardona, 417-7161
Office of Special Education (District Wide): 422-2041
· Co-Director, Special Programs & Services, Susan Lecointe, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Co-Director, Special Programs & Services, Joann Doherty, email@example.com
- Chairperson, Committee on Special Education, Elementary School, Eliana Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
White Plains PTA Council Special Needs Committee website: