White Plains Board of Education Budget Vote/Election
Date of Annual District Meeting: June 9, 2020
In accordance with the NYS Governor’s Executive Order No. 202.26, the Annual Budget Vote and School Board Election will be held re- motely on June 9, 2020 by absentee ballot only. Such ballots must be received by the District Clerk not later than 5:00 pm on June 9, 2020. All qualified voters who are registered to vote in the June 9, 2020 budget vote/election will be sent an absentee ballot. A qualified voter must be a US Citizen, at least 18 years old by June 9, 2020, a School District resident for 30 days immediately preceding the budget vote/ election, and not otherwise prohibited from voting under the provisions of section 5-106 of the Election Law.
Click here for more details.
Fecha de Reunión Anual del Distrito: 9 de junio 9 del 2020
De acuerdo con la Orden Ejecutiva #202.26 del Gobernador de NYS, la Votación Anual sobre el Presupuesto y las Elecciones para la Junta de Educación se realizará a distancia el 9 de junio del 2020 mediante una balota para voto en ausencia. Dichas balotas deben ser recibidas por la Secretaria del Distrito a no más tardar de las 5:00pm del 9 de Junio del 2020.
Haga clic aquí para más detalles.
The Board of Education Budget Vote and Election will take place on Tuesday, June 9th, from Noon to 9:00 p.m. at six polling places. The ballot will include the 2020-21 School District Budget, one proposition and a vote for Board of Education Members. Two seats will be available, for three-year terms from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2023. For further information, please contact the District Clerk, at 914-422-2071. Information follows on:
Absentee voter information
- The annual White Plains Board of Education Budget Vote and Election will take place on the third Tuesday of May every year from Noon to 9 P.M., at six voting districts.
- Absentee ballots are available by application to the District Clerk, for any voter who will not be in White Plains during the time of the election. Click here for the absentee ballot form. For the for more information, please call 422-2000.
- Residents who are registered to vote in general elections are eligible to vote, or they may register with the District Clerk's office. To vote in the general elections, a resident must register with the Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas Street, any time throughout the year.
- Qualifications for voters are: a citizen of the United States, 18 years of age or more, and a resident of White Plains for at least 30 days prior to the election.
- Absentee ballots are available for those who will not be in the district during the voting hours and those who are disabled. Applications are available from the District Clerk. For more information, please call Michele Schoenfeld at (914) 422-2071 or e-mail her at: email@example.com.