Quarter 2: Big Questions
Do you ever have big questions about life, or the way things are, or why we act the way we do?
During this unit, you'll explore some big questions, analyze your findings, and present them to the class.
1. Ted Talk Essay (25 Pts)
2. News Article Essay (25 Pts)
3. Website Article Essay (25 Pts)
4. Research Talk (25 Pts)
Week of 11/13:
Wednesday:Objective: To gather information about a writer in order to summarize and evaluate their arguments.
1. Take 5 minutes to journal about something you've always wondered, a big question you have, or something that frustrates you all the time.
2. Pay attention as your teacher takes you through annotating an article. You'll have to do the same.
All done? Move onto Thursday's work.
Thursday Objective: To gather information about a writer in order to summarize and evaluate their arguments.
- 5 minutes: Answer the question on the handout.
- 10 minutes: Mini Lesson - Teacher's sample Notes.
- 30 minutes: Read and annotate. Write a Level 1, 2, and 3 question about the article.
Friday Objective: To gather information about a speaker in order to summarize and evaluate their arguments.
1. 5 minutes: SKIM through your article again.
2. Discussion Groups: Share your level 2 and level 3 questions with the other students who read the same article as you.
3. Pay attention as your teacher models TED Talk Note-taking.