Introduction to Studio in Sculpture- Learning Outcomes
Introduction to Studio in Sculpture is a half year course in the three-dimensional fine arts.
Students will use a wide variety of materials and tools as they explore the possibilities of three-dimensional expression. Students will participate in formal and informal critiques as they learn the visual vocabulary essential to understanding 3-D artwork.
Students will be able to:
- Select relevant Elements of Art and Principles of Design to represent their individual artistic expression within the guidelines of various sculpture projects.
- Utilize a variety of media including but not limited to: wire, clay, plaster, pariscraft, wood, and found objects.
- Evaluate a range of symbols and ideas within the realm of sculpture.
- Compare and contrast examples of sculptures from different time periods and different cultures.
- Reflect upon their work and the work of others.
Targeted Vocabulary (a partial list)
- Sculpture in the Round
- Point of Departure