Intermediate Studio in Jewelry - Learning Outcomes
This is an intermediate course for students who have taken the introduction course in Jewelry.
Advanced techniques in a variety of media are covered.
- Students will demonstrate their mastery of basic jewelry knowledge and skills by
- Creating a pendant from sketches to completion.
- Students will reflect their level of jewelry knowledge through written, and oral critique.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to research and extrapolate ideas into unique forms of jewelry.
- Students will quantify their ability to independently discover personal interests of jewelry design by creating individual direction.
- Students will be able to verbally defend aesthetic decisions by using proper terminology of design, tools, and techniques.
- Students will demonstrate their risk taking comfort level through the complexity of their jewelry designs.
Targeted Vocabulary (a partial list)
- Draw Pliers
- Draw Plate
- Metal Etching