FOR 2020-2021 THIS PAGE WILL BE DETERMINED BASED ON THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
MUST HAVES FOR SENIORS
- Log on and create your account on the Naviance Family Connection at www.naviance.com Here is why you have to do this: Transcripts, letters of recommendation, school reports and profiles will be forwarded electronically to colleges directly through Naviance. The Family Connection will be the place to check the status of your applications and to receive college planning information. See your counselor to get your password.
- Get your recommendations in place.
- Meet with your school counselor for college planning.
- Take the SAT or the ACT
- Visit colleges, attend open houses and local information sessions.
- Request that your counselor send your official transcript and other materials to the colleges of your choice at least two weeks before applications are due.
- Make appointments for college interviews and /or tours.
- If you think that you will be playing a sport for any NCAA Division I or II college, you must register with the NCAA Clearinghouse as soon as possible. Pick up a registration form in the guidance office or go to ncaa.com
- If you need a CSS/Financial Aid Profile, which may be requested by some colleges, you can get a registration guide in the guidance office or go to collegeboard.com
- Research for institutional, trustee, or merit-based scholarships offered by the colleges of your choice. Notify your counselor in writing, if you would like to be nominated for specific scholarship(s) as soon as possible.
- VISIT THE COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER REGULARLY.