DEUTSCH 4H & 5 Honors
This is a two-year course designed to prepare the students for the German AP exam. The new AP curriculum prepares students to demonstrate their proficiency in the three modes of communication (Interpersonal, Interpretive, and Presentational) at the Intermediate - Pre-Advanced levels as described in the ACTFL Performance Guidelines for K-12 Learners.
- Students will learn language structures in context and use them to convey meaning.
- The course will be taught in German.
- At the core of the AP Language and Culture Course are six groups of learning objectives: 1) Spoken Interpersonal Communication, 2) Written Interpersonal Communication, 3) Audio, Visual, and Audiovisual Interpretive Communication, 4) Written and Print Interpretive Communication, 5) Spoken Presentational Communication, and 6) Written Presentational Communication.
- Overarching Premise: When communicating, students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the cultures, incorporate interdisciplinary topics, make comparisons between the native language and German and between cultures, and use German in real-life settings.
- For Course Objectives, necessary materials for class, and Grading Policy: