Schoology I Institute
In this 15 hour institute participants will use Schoology, an online course management system that allows teachers to create and manage academic courses for their students. It provides teachers with a method of managing lessons, engaging students, sharing content, and connecting with other educators. In this Schoology training, teachers will have the opportunity to learn about the features in this LMS, in order create lessons, discussion, and discover techniques for a blended/flipped classroom environment.In this course, participants will:
- Create a Profile page and understand the basics functions of the platform.
- Learn how to create folders and how to upload various resources into those folders for student use.
- Understand the communication options available to teachers through the use of "messages", "updates" and individual assignments.
- Learn how to create quizzes using a variety of questioning techniques including: true/false, multiple choice, rank order, short-answer, fill-in-the-blank, and matching.
- Understand the process of competition rules and how these can be used in a course.
- Learn how to grade student work, add feedback, and setup the gradebook for courses.
Check MyLearningPlan.com for updated information including course dates, times and location.
- Set up a course in order to use with students.
- Set up at least three activities (assignment, discussion, and an assessment), that provide attached or embed material for student use.
- A Project Plan describing how the tool will be used for a project with students and/or at least two lesson plans.