11th GRADE HONORSRecommendation RequestsPeriods 1, 4, 7 2015-2016 Crew:
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
As I sit down to write these recommendations, I want to know more about your experience in the class this year. Since the baby is due in October, my plan is to write all of these during the summer. If you have not sent the request in via Naviance, please do it ASAP because I can attach the recommendation form as soon as I complete it. Also, there is a separate common application questionnaire that I fill-out. If you are applying for a November 1st deadline, please make sure you have everything in order in Naviance in September. If your deadline is a little later, I can always fill-out the common application recommendation form from home. You might have to nudge me to do it…I am okay with that J
As you read these questions, answer the ones you feel best describe you and your experience. Here are some adjectives that might help you. Email me firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Pick at least 3 and at most 1o adjectives from the list to describe yourself as a student in my classroom and as a student during high school.
2. Describe a time you contributed positively to our class discussions (Socratic seminars) and helped to add value/humor to our class environment.
3. What kind of student were you in my class? Were you a leader? Did you seek me out for extra help? Were you the person who helped others and acted as an “expert?” Did you take advantage of small group mini lessons? If you did, how did that help you grow as a student?
4. Describe a time where you were proud of yourself in my class. Did you earn a good grade on an essay/test, complete a project and felt a lot of pride…
5. Did you overcome any obstacles over the course of the school year in my class? What were those obstacles and how did you overcome them?
6. What do you expect to major in at college? How has my class helped you towards that goal? (if it has not—do not worry).
Thank you for the opportunity to help you reach your next goal on the path towards higher education. Please return ASAP so that I can write you a fantastic recommendation!