|Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell|
Check out all things related to our One Book, One School here!
At lunch on Monday, October 6th we made playlists of songs that reminded us of the characters or themes in Eleanor and Park. Check them out by clicking on the Spotify logo!
| 1. Eleanor says she and Park are too young for true love. Do you believe that? Do you think Eleanor believes that?|
2. How do Eleanor and Park's parents shape their outlook on relationships and the future?
3. Is Eleanor's mother a good mother? Why does she stay with Richie?
4. Why does Park's mother change her mind about Eleanor?
5. How is Park's relationship with his mother different from his relationship with his father? Who sees Park more clearly, his father or his mother?
6. Why is Park embarrassed by Eleanor? Is his embarrassment a betrayal?
7. Steve says that he's Park's friend—is he a true friend? Are Steve and Tina good guys or bad guys in the story? Do you think Eleanor and Tina could ever be friends?
8. How would Eleanor and Park's relationship be different in 2013? How would cell phones, digital music, and Internet access change their situation?
9. What is the importance of music in Park's life? And how is it different for Eleanor?
10. SPOILER ALERT. Was Eleanor right to run away? Should she have left her brothers and sister behind? Was there more she could have done to help them?
|Eleanor and Park bond over comic books. Click on the Pixton or Graphix icons to make your own free comics!|
|Click on author Rainbow Rowell's picture to visit her blog.|
|Check out John Green's review in The New York Times
|Read Why the movie version is IMPORTANT according to one person|
We voted and our Summer Reading Book is