Office of Human Resources
Mr. Scott Pepper
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources5 Homeside LaneWhite Plains, NY 10605
Fax: (914) 422-2382
Phone: (914) 422-2216
Hello and welcome to the webpage of the Office of Human Resources for the White Plains Public Schools!
Human resources is defined as the people who make up and enhance an organization, with an emphasis on employees being the key assets of any organization. In this context, employees are sometimes referred to as “human capital”.
Human resource management is comprised of six important areas: Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Compensation and Benefits, Safety and Risk Management, Employee and Labor Relations, and Compliance.
Within these areas, the responsibilities of the Office of Human Resources include, but are not limited to: hiring, position classification and grading, salary determination, training opportunities, performance appraisal review and processing, promotions, reassignments, consultation and advisory services to management and employees, conduct and/or performance challenge resolution, personnel data entry and records maintenance, policy development, technical policy interpretation, benefits, health care insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee assistance referral, workers' compensation, separation from the organization, and retirement.The information included on this website will help inform you about District vacancies and provide helpful information for all staff members. Please do not hesitate to e-mail me any comments or suggestions regarding the information included on our site.
Important information for all staff:
- Click here for a wide variety of important information for certified and classified staff and substitute teachers.
- Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR) - Approved 12/5/16
- Teacher Composite Scores Notice:
- Employment/Current Vacancies (or use the links in the menu)
Forms, Union Contracts, Applications:
For assistance in the following areas, please contact:HUMAN RESOURCESCONTACT
- Click here to access forms such as time sheets, retirement plans, medical and dental, and contract and employment applications.
- Click here to access information about the opportununity to save for retirement by participating in a 403 (b) retirement plan.
PHOTORecruitment Specialist for All StaffTheresa McKeown422-2018Employee BenefitsTina Manorqui422-2047The mission of the White Plains City School District is to educate and inspire all students, while nurturing their dreams, so they learn continually, think critically, pursue their aspirations and contribute to a diverse and dynamic world.